Here's the finished roof.....apart from the ridge tiles and the chimmney that is. It will look much better with the chimmney on!
I used mdf tile strips which I bought from the Miniaturescene.com I've used them before and they're relatively easy to use, not too expensive and make a lovely modern style roof.
I cut them using a small saw and used a sanding block to get them to fit well, A paper template is handy to get the angles right around the dormers and chimmneys etc.
I learned when using these before that painting the edges is a good idea as it's difficult to do this once they're stuck on without messing up the edges of your roof..
This is my half way progress..
Now for the lead flashing. I bought this self adhesive roll from Romney Miniatures which I've not used before.
It wasn't as easy to apply as I thought it would be and I'm not entirely happy with my efforts as it doesn't look all that neat but for my first attempt I will leave it as it is for now....
So there we are that's my last two days work....