First I started putting the kits in place to see how things were going to fit.
I've decided to make the island bigger.
I shuffled things around a lot.
Then I got parts of the plinths fitted onto the base units.
Next came all the painting and fixing the doors on.
Which brought me to this stage - so I had to have a play to see how it looked. There was still much more painting to do yet..
This photos shows the final finish on the base units, with the
plinths in place and the display cabinet made up. The dishwasher has also been added with all it's little knobs and handles stuck on....
Here we have the column oven completed. Again I had to stick all the little knobs, handles, clock and aliminium strips on which was very fiddly but the end result is very convincing.
So that is the base units, work top, oven, dishwasher and display cupboard finished (apart from adding the handles). The worktop will need waxing if I decide to keep them as wood. Nothing is stuck in place as yet..
I made the breakfast bar a little bigger
And this is how it's looking at the moment. All the wall units are blu - tacked in position so that I can see where to position the extractor when I get the kit made up.Finally the sensor hob will need sticking into place.
The next thing will be the lighting. I plan to have under cupboard lighting and a light over the breakfast bar.
Lots more thinking and planning.....